Jerry Gilreath

Default Replace my drill - Advice ?

CRAFTSMAN!!!!! :-)

--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Homer Simpson
Jerry© The Phoneman®
"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
. com...
I've had my Makita 6201 9.6V drill for close to 9 years now. This thing

has
a LOT of miles on it and is still mechanically great as near as I can

tell.
However, the batteries now won't hold a charge nearly as long as they used
to, and I've noticed that the keyless chuck is getting difficult to loosen
after it's tightened - it should probably be replaced before I get

irritated
with it.

What do you guys do when you really love a tool, but the cost of the parts
to bring it back up to speed make it questionable as to whether or not to
keep it or buy new ?

Along those same lines, what's hot right now in cordless drills ? I'm not
crazy about those long skinny battery Makitas - I like the shorter grip
better. I keep seeing some good looking PC's, Dewalts, milwaukees out

there,
but obviously I haven't had to shop for one for a while !

jim bailey