Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] PlainBill@yawhoo.com is offline

Default carbon dioxide reduction question

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:54:19 +1100, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 06:33:30 +1100, "Trevor Wilson"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

kreed wrote:
On Oct 3, 5:24 pm, "Trevor Wilson" wrote:
kreed wrote:
On Oct 3, 4:05 pm, who where wrote:
On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 20:15:59 -0700 (PDT), kreed
wrote:

So in other words, the brewing process generates CO2 ?

Yes.

Good, thank you for confirming that.

**You're most welcome.

For what ?

**For this:

"**BIG difference. Beer and some sparkling wines generate their own CO2 via
the fermentation process." 10/2/2011

I don't see the distinction. If we didn't brew alcoholic beverages,
then we wouldn't be creating CO2. Therefore, CO2 generated by the
fermentation process is still essentially man-made.

It's a bit like saying that it's not our driving that causes air
pollution, it's the natural consequence of the internal combustion
process.

- Franc Zabkar

There is a significant difference. In most cases automobiles use
fossil fuels; thus they release carbon (as CO2) that was sequestered
for millenia. If I take a corn crop and ferment it into alcohol, feed
it to cattle, or plow it into the ground, the carbon (as CO2) was
removed from the atmosphere within the last 6 - 9 months. If the
alcohol is used to produce wiskey it will be out of the atmosphere for
less than a decade; the other uses return it to the atmosphere more
quickly. Even if I let the field go to weeds, the same process will
occur.

PlainBill