Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default The Wrong Type of Light Fitting?

On Oct 4, 3:00*pm, "TheScullster" wrote:
Hi all

Have I made a mistake in my choice of light fitting?

I wanted near instant fairly bright light for the hallway, so bought a
fitting with 4 halogen spots.
It has the usual 1/2in deep circular termination cover tight to the ceiling,
then a shaped rod along which the spots are mounted.
This thing goes through bulbs about one every 6 months.
Are halogens susceptible to vibration (i.e. foot fall on the landing above)?

If so what type/style of fitting would be more appropriate in this
application?

Thanks

Phil

If its mains halogen, then yes, imho you got the wrong fitting. If its
low voltage halogen, they should behave better.

If bulb life is 1500hrs, and there are 4 of them, you'd expect a
failure (ave) once per 375hrs. 375hrs/6months = 2hrs a day. So if you
run it 2 hrs a day, its working exactly as it should.

NT