Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default The Wrong Type of Light Fitting?

On 04/10/2011 15:00, TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

Have I made a mistake in my choice of light fitting?

I wanted near instant fairly bright light for the hallway, so bought a
fitting with 4 halogen spots.
It has the usual 1/2in deep circular termination cover tight to the ceiling,
then a shaped rod along which the spots are mounted.
This thing goes through bulbs about one every 6 months.
Are halogens susceptible to vibration (i.e. foot fall on the landing above)?

If so what type/style of fitting would be more appropriate in this
application?

Thanks

Phil

I had that problem until I stopped using Ring bulbs. YMMV.