Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

aemeijers wrote:

It might be easier than you think. For example, if your state has
dozens of hoops, but has reciprocity with other states, a
non-resident permit from Utah or Florida may get you covered.

In what state do you live?

Consider this maxim: While ignorance of the law is no excuse,
ignorance of the facts is a perfect defense. If someone discovers a
gun in your car, you claim surprise and your wife says "Yeah, I put
the gun there. Hubert didn't know anything about it. What's it to
you, asshole?"

My workplace is a federal building. Unless you are carrying a badge,
weapons are prohibited, period. Like getting arrested and/or losing my
job prohibited. And that neighborhood is about the only place where I
(occasionally) have to go after dark, where a weapon would be
warranted. After hours, you have to park outside the perimeter and go
in through one door. I park under the light, in a spot where I know the
cameras
cover me all the way to the front door. I stay out of the nasty parts
of town pretty much, and have never felt at risk in the nicer parts
of town.

Ah, I understand. We who routinely carry a weapon have to undress to go into
a post office! Interestingly, in my state I can carry my weapon in the State
Capitol or even the governor's office.

About a year ago, we had a constituent leave his representative's office in
the capitol, walk out on the front steps, and go all Yosomite Sam, firing
shots in the air, hopping up and down, and yelling "Say your prayers,
varmit!". Studies were undertaken to protect the holy of holies. Now,
visitors to the capitol, constituents, Cub Scout troops, etc. are subjected
to scrutiny and metal detectors. There's a separate line for Concealed
Handgun License holders that skips all that. Amusingly, many media members
are getting a CHL to avoid the long lines for the general public.