Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default water hammer weirdness

On Oct 4, 12:19*am, JIMMIE wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:15*pm, notbob wrote:

I have one of those auxilary spray hose thingies on my sink. *It began
to leak. *When the leak started, so did the water hammer phenomena.
Hot, cold, lo/hi flow, whenever I turned on the main faucet, I'd get
water hammering. *Finally replaced the leaky spray nozzle so the
sprayer no longer leaked. *The water hammering ceased, also. *Can
anyone explain what was happening? *TIA

nb

Whenever you turn on the sprayer it also operates a *diverter valve
that redirects water from the spigot to the sprayer. This works by
sensing a pressure change when you sqeeze the trigger on the sprayer.
Leaky sprayers will cause the diverter valve to chatter.

Jimmie

+1...

Jimmie has the correct answer...

~~ Evan