Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roberts Roberts is offline

Default Enquiry about a company

"Roberts" wrote in message
I was contacted by phone and told that my fuse box was over 40 years old
and needed to be replaced. The company Electrical Safety Group gave the
impresion that they were linked to a energy supplier. They came to the
house and checked the wiring and left a a list of things to be done costing
about £800 on reading their inspection report they say (in small print) at
the bottom of the page that they are not part of any public energy
supplier. I am beginning to think that this is some sort of scam. What do
the panel of experts think? Someone in this newsgroup must know more than
me
Thanks in advance
Robbie
Many thanks for info. I also think that if given the job to do £800 will
only be the start - they will find a lot more wrong costing even more of my
pension which the present government is going to reduce.

If I was n't too old I would be rioting too!!!
Robbie.