Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Enquiry about a company

There are lots of people doing this sort of thing. Home security is busy
doing it a lot, so I imagine there are other angles. I never allow anyone
access who calls cold by phone or at the door. I'm too much of a cynic but I
guess some might be OK, but it makes you think if these folk were good, how
come they need to use such dodgy practices to get work?

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Roberts" wrote in message
I was contacted by phone and told that my fuse box was over 40 years old
and needed to be replaced. The company Electrical Safety Group gave the
impresion that they were linked to a energy supplier. They came to the
house and checked the wiring and left a a list of things to be done costing
about £800 on reading their inspection report they say (in small print) at
the bottom of the page that they are not part of any public energy
supplier. I am beginning to think that this is some sort of scam. What do
the panel of experts think? Someone in this newsgroup must know more than
me
Thanks in advance
Robbie