Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roberts Roberts is offline

Default Enquiry about a company

I was contacted by phone and told that my fuse box was over 40 years old and
needed to be replaced. The company Electrical Safety Group gave the
impresion that they were linked to a energy supplier. They came to the house
and checked the wiring and left a a list of things to be done costing about
£800 on reading their inspection report they say (in small print) at the
bottom of the page that they are not part of any public energy supplier. I
am beginning to think that this is some sort of scam. What do the panel of
experts think? Someone in this newsgroup must know more than me
Thanks in advance
Robbie