Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson[_4_] Trevor Wilson[_4_] is offline

Default OT CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

josephkk wrote:
On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:23:10 +1100, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:

**I've studied the graphs in some considerable detail over the
years and have noted that CO2 rise sometimes precedes temperature
rise and sometimes it lags. This fits in well with current theory
on how temperature changes have occured in the past. Not all have
been caused by CO2 rise. The most important factor to note,
however, is that CO2 levels and temperature levels track each
other very closely. When one goes up, the other does too.

Except for two very important things: 1) correlation is NOT
causation.

**I never suggested otherwise. Read my words more carefully in
future.

2)
effect cannot precede cause.

**Duh. I suggest you study up on the sequence of events during times
of high CO2 levels.

The graph is very clear on temperature
change preceding CO2 levels generally.

Only in seeming on the IPCC time reversed graphs. Which when read
correctly shows CO2 follows temperature!!

**I suggest you examine the graphs VERY carefully.

**Incorrect. The graphs span several hundred thousand years. The
graph clearly shows that CO2 rise precedes temperature rise several
times. When CO2 levels rise, temperature rise follows. When
temperatures rise, CO2 is outgassed from the oceans, causing rising
CO2 levels. When CO2 levels rise, temperature rise follows. And so
on.

You need to study both the IPCC graph and the time orientation
corrected graphs (thanks Jeff) a lot more then.

**I've been doing so for many years. I suggest you do likewise. It is
important that you understand the process, rather than just quickly looking
at the graphs. Incorrect assumptions can easily be made.

The raw data in the
IPCC graph is increasing depth in the ice core, and thus farther back
in time. Do read the labels carefully. Temperture generally
precedes CO2 rather consistently (both increases and decreases).

:-))

**Your words are almost correct. Temperature SOMETIMES precedes CO2 level
rise and SOMETIMES it lags.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au