Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 phase electrical receptacle on fire, explosions

Ignoramus19762 fired this volley in
:

Brian Lawson is correct for a series circuit.

Ok... let me back down one step on this.

Brian is correct that the highest heating -IN_THE_CIRCUIT- will be from
the highest resistance point in it.

My contention, though, is that it's useless information. If the highest
heat generated is indiscernable, or if the highest heat might possibly be
many times what's necessary to fuse all the wires and turn them to vapor,
you'd better know what that number is.

It's whatever resistance maximizes I^2R.

Ok? Clear?

LLoyd