Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus19762 Ignoramus19762 is offline

Default 3 phase electrical receptacle on fire, explosions

On 2011-10-03, Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) wrote:
Iggy: Don't screw around with this - take some time, get a Dust
Collector system or a good Shop Vac with a HEPA element and your big
air compressor, use a cross-draft and blow it toward the vacuum hose.
Clean up and out EVERYTHING in the shop area, starting with the
rafters and working down. Take apart the light fixtures, the boxes
for the building wiring, everywhere.

My plan has solidified.

I would do the following.

0. Put on eye protection.
1. Kill all power to the building.
2. For every hanging connector:
- Get a ladder under it and climb it
- Open up the connector
- Clean with a bristle brush
- Close it
- Raise it up by at least 2 feet, forming a loop

I figure, if I need to ever hook up a machine to a hanging connector,
I can always get a ladder in place, it will not be very frequent.

I want to make sure that when I drive a crane, forklift, or my truck
around, I do not hit those connectors.