Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Tree scoflaw

On 10/3/2011 9:50 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Frank" wrote

Another possibility was that he was turned in by his insurance
company.
If tree fell on his house it would have cost them a bundle.

Doubt it. The insurance company would have just sent a notice. Cut tree
or pay new higher premium, or no coverage.

I agree that it is dumb to have trees next to your house that are
taller than the house.
Several week ago around here tornado approaching winds went through
nearby development knocking down several large trees, crushing
houses.

You may have a point in tornado alley, but have you ever been to New
England? Most of us have trees in our yards or on the street, most are
tall hardwoods and no, we will not deforest the area.

I have lots of 75' tall trees close to the house and the garage and I
know what you mean. I like the trees and don't cut them unless they are
dead or dieing. I took down one dead oak on saturday and another dead
oak is coming down as soon as I get up a ladder high enough to get a
rope on it (the area was backfilled over the tree roots). Damn, you
should hear the noise and feel the ground shake when a dead oak that
size hits the ground.

OTOH, I don't believe it is the provence of government to regulate
tree choices or what someone does with his trees.

Agree on that

There are lots of trees and other invasive plants that are not native to
the area that take over the natural species that I agree should not be
allowed. Take Kudzu for instance. Wouldn't want your neighbor growing
it along side of your property would you?