Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Tree scoflaw

"Frank" wrote

Another possibility was that he was turned in by his insurance
company.
If tree fell on his house it would have cost them a bundle.

Doubt it. The insurance company would have just sent a notice. Cut tree or
pay new higher premium, or no coverage.

I agree that it is dumb to have trees next to your house that are
taller than the house.
Several week ago around here tornado approaching winds went through
nearby development knocking down several large trees, crushing
houses.

You may have a point in tornado alley, but have you ever been to New
England? Most of us have trees in our yards or on the street, most are tall
hardwoods and no, we will not deforest the area.

OTOH, I don't believe it is the provence of government to regulate
tree choices or what someone does with his trees.

Agree on that