Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

"Steve B" wrote in
news
First, I'm 62 years old.

Second, anyone who has to use a debit card to pay for a Big Mac meal
does not deserve to go out in public without adult supervision. I see
stupid people all the time paying for very small purchases, gleefully
ignorant of the charges involved.

Carry cash. Learn how to use it. Learn that when it's gone, it's
time to stop spending. Learn when it gets low, it's time to watch
what you buy. On big ticket items, write a check, or get a cashier's
check, or get a high limit credit card and pay it off so you don't pay
any interest.

And mostly, learn to never pay someone else to use your own money.

This is one of the things that's wrong with this country, and it now
has filtered down from the government to Joe Average who just keeps
spending when the money's gone. Hey, what do you mean I'm overdrawn,
I still have checks left. Just put it on my credit
card..................

Steve

I'll be 67 in 3 weeks. I won't let people or banks use my money for
their own uses unless I really acquiesce to that use. I use cash for
things below $20. I agree that use of unsupervised credit is very bad
for people individually and the country as a whole. Maybe we can get
congresscritters to use their own personal credit cards for some of their
largesse. groan.

--
Best regards
Han