Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where is all the money? The Wageless, Profitable Recovery

On Oct 3, 1:34*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"John Gilmer" wrote

If the big corps don't pay the workers well, stop buying their stuff.

There you go!

Actually, given a choice, most Americans would buy from a corporation that
doesn't pay its worker "well."

We prove that every day. We complain about jobs going to China, then we go
searching for the lowest possible price for what we want to buy. *The stores
doing well in this country are Wal Mart and Amazon because we'd rather save
a few dollars and let the local retailer go out of business.

What makes you think the local retailer is offering wages
that are much different from Walmart? As for the products
the local retailers stores are as chocked full of products
from China as are Walmart.

Sometimes, it is difficult NOT to do that. *This past summer I bought an
item on line and saved over $400. *For 50 bucks, I'd go local; for 400, I'm
going where I can save.