Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default OT CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:23:10 +1100, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:

**I've studied the graphs in some considerable detail over the years
and have noted that CO2 rise sometimes precedes temperature rise and
sometimes it lags. This fits in well with current theory on how
temperature changes have occured in the past. Not all have been
caused by CO2 rise. The most important factor to note, however, is
that CO2 levels and temperature levels track each other very
closely. When one goes up, the other does too.

Except for two very important things: 1) correlation is NOT
causation.

**I never suggested otherwise. Read my words more carefully in future.

2)
effect cannot precede cause.

**Duh. I suggest you study up on the sequence of events during times of high
CO2 levels.

The graph is very clear on temperature
change preceding CO2 levels generally.

Only in seeming on the IPCC time reversed graphs. Which when read
correctly shows CO2 follows temperature!!

**Incorrect. The graphs span several hundred thousand years. The graph
clearly shows that CO2 rise precedes temperature rise several times. When
CO2 levels rise, temperature rise follows. When temperatures rise, CO2 is
outgassed from the oceans, causing rising CO2 levels. When CO2 levels rise,
temperature rise follows. And so on.

You need to study both the IPCC graph and the time orientation corrected
graphs (thanks Jeff) a lot more then. The raw data in the IPCC graph is
increasing depth in the ice core, and thus farther back in time. Do read
the labels carefully. Temperture generally precedes CO2 rather
consistently (both increases and decreases).

:-))