Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 16:39:24 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:

On Oct 2, 6:52*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 2 Oct 2011, "HeyBub" wrote:

No, a determined law firm can massage the system for a decade at significant
cost. It then comes down to who has the greater staying power.

But ITS NOT TO THEIR ADVANTAGE TO DO SO.

“It is the mark of the mind untrained to take its own processes as
valid for all men, and its own judgments for absolute truth.”
- Aleister Crowley

I do believe old Aleister just said you were full of crap. ~

I've made my prediction already. Let's hear yours.

Will the CPSC mandate a monopoly for SawStop?

I don't think they will. SawStop hasn't bought enough congresscritters.

Will Stanley Black & Decker, with a market cap of $8.5 billion, rollover and ask for
Vaseline because of a paltry ten or fifteen million in lawyer's fees?

If #1 is wrong, they'll have no choice.

Will Bosch baulk, will Makita make tracks, will Festool...okay, let's
just keep Festool out of this one. Tune in tomorrow, same crazy
bat**** channel, same crazy bat**** time!

If it's that crazy, you'll be there.