Posted to alt.home.repair
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default mice nesting in mower

On Oct 1, 7:44*pm, (natp) wrote:
Mice keep building a nest in my riding mower, under the sheet
metal housing that goes over the flywheel on the engine.
This happens whether the mower is in the shed, outside under
a tarp, or in the basement. I tried the mint sachets but the
mice weren't scared away by those. What else can I try?

Get them out of there because they will eat wiring and hoses. We had
mice get into my wife's Camry a couple of years ago and one ended up
inside of the heater blower. He didn't do well when we turned it on
but it took a lot of work to get body parts and stench out. I ended
up buying some of the rodent bars that are hollow. You can break them
in pieces, run a piece of wire or zip-tie through them and hang them
in strategic places. On ours, it was in front of the inlet ports for
the injector system and vent system. Worked.

RonB