Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default mice nesting in mower

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"natp" wrote in message
Mice keep building a nest in my riding mower, under the sheet
metal housing that goes over the flywheel on the engine.
This happens whether the mower is in the shed, outside under
a tarp, or in the basement. I tried the mint sachets but the
mice weren't scared away by those. What else can I try?

Start the mower every four hours or so.

I had one nesting in the generator housing of my SA200 welder.

http://billswelderrepair.com/Engine-Drives.html

It's the perforated area.

Started it up, and there were tufts of fur and little feet everywhere. Poor
little guy.

I heard moth balls or dryer sheets work, too.

But, as you said, and I proved, starting it has a way of just cleaning it
naturally.

Steve