Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wood theft

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 11:47:27 -0500,
(Robert Bonomi) wrote:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 02:09:56 -0500,

(Robert Bonomi) wrote:

In article ,
Morgans wrote:
Blessings on thee, little man,
Barefoot boy, with cheek of tan!

I seem to remember Mr. Peabody explaining the ursine wood-thief to
Sherman.

"If the foo ****s, wear it"
(circa ~1965)
One of my all time favorites!

"Abscess makes the fart go honda"

"Pardon me Roy, is that the cat who chewed your new shoes?"

"That's the beer that made Mel Famey walk us"

"the squaw of the hippopotamus....."

"Little girls aren't as gullible as they used to be.'

Does anyone else remember the Rary bird?

It's a long way to tip a Rarey.

And then he looks back over the lengthy distance it took the dump-truck
to get from the residence to the cliff and adds:

"It's a long way to home"

Or the brothers that couldn't couldn't agree on name for their cattle
ranch?

No, but I daren't ask...

That won't save you. grin

The brothers _finally_ agreed to abide by whatever their mother suggested.
When consulted, she opined that there one name that was a *prefectly* fit
for their ranch: "Focus".

enlightenment follows..

"That's where the sons raise meat."

Purportedly the worlds only 'perfect' _triple_ pun.

I'd never heard that joke, so it was still wasted on me. Was this the
entire joke?

--snip--
Three brothers started a cattle ranch out west. They were very
successfull, but could not agree what to call their ranch. They
finally agreed to wire their father back east and abide by his
decision. He replied at once they should call it "focus". They did so,
but now argued endlessly about why he had given them that name. They
sent him another wire to ask why that name. He replied, "Simple,
because focus is where the sun's rays meet (son's raise meat)."
--snip--

--
Worry is a misuse of imagination.
-- Dan Zadra