Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message
On 9/30/2011 12:18 PM, Red Green wrote:

I don't understand why anyone would stay with a debit card unless their
credit rating is so bad they can't get a credit card.

I use credit cards (3) which one depends on where and what I'm buying. I
pay no monthly fees, no interest, and actually I get between 1 and 5%
back. Why pay them when they offer to pay me?

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner. I get back at least $750 a year from my
BoA credit card and I never pay them one thin dime. I charge every purchase
over $5 and put every bill I pay online on the card and pay it off every
month. Couldn't be easier and I never have to worry about fees or
over-drawing my checking account. Plus, if your debit card is stolen and
your account drained, the bank has no obligation to return your money. If
someone steals your credit card (or even just the info) you're not
responsible for the charges.