Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 20:24:45 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Now try taking $25K in cash out of the CU. Most banks don't have
all that much money sitting around. That kind of withdrawal,
without notice, can really put a crimp in the rest of their week.

A customer of mine tells this story: He gives his wife a check on
another band for the household account. The bank declines to give
her cash. He goes to the bank to raise hell. They tell him the check
could bounce, so they have a "hold" policy.

He puts a $200,000 CD on the counter and says: "Cash it!"

All kinds of wiggling occurs topped by "we don't have that much cash
in the bank." His retort: "You're a branch of [name redacted], get
on the ****in' phone and order an armored car full of money. If I
don't get my cash in exactly one hour, I'm gonna call the cops and
report you for theft and conversion by bailee. Then I'm gonna call
the Comptroller of the Currency and demand your national bank
charter be yanked. Then there's the state banking commission, the
rat abatement people, and anyone else I can think of. And all that's
before tomorrow morning when I contact my lawyer!"

He got his money. It took slightly more than an hour for couriers to
deliver cash from nearby branches, but he got his money.

SOunds like a tall tale to me. Banks are not required to close
accounts over set limits in the same day and there are limits on cash
transactions, too. Not to mention that if they ain't got it, you
can't have it.

Could be a tale. He did, however, stop in my store across the street from
the bank to use my 'phone. He had a transfer bag full of cash with him and
called the constable's office looking for an armed escort to another bank.

The constable's office declined, so I loaned him a pistol.

Everything worked out swell.