Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Insulating sliding deck door

On Oct 1, 5:15*pm, "Steven L." wrote:
I've been noticing that there is a chilly draft seeping in at the bottom
of the sliding glass door to my deck. The chilly air comes in between
the door and the track it rides on.

Obviously if I caulked it, I won't be able to slide open the door.

Is there anything I can do to reduce that draft? *Attach something to
the bottom of the door perhaps?

-- Steven L.

That is why sliders should be banned. About the most asinine solution
to making an entry thorugh a wall. My wife insisted on one when I
built the addition 30 years ago. Quality Anderson, We fought it all
those years, chip, melt ice out of the track in winter, flimsy lock,
**** poor sealing (narrow strips of "fuzz"), etc. Last January as I
was going at the icy track with a gale blowing down my neck I swore
that that damn door was history as soon as the weather warmed up.
$1500 later it is history.

Harry K