Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default What is best way to clean plastic panels?

Robert Macy wrote in message
On Oct 1, 9:22 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Robert Macy wrote in message

This time it's plastic black cover panels.

What's the best way to clean, leaving stread-free and NO SCORING
MARKS!!! ??

Other times, it's the clear plastic cover panels that then end up
looking 'hazy'

Use toothpaste and score uniformly? No. Want to preserve shiney
surface.

I assume stread = streak
I trial test for permanency of any labelling with methylated spirits and
then clean over with meths on a cotton wool ball. When dry I use standard
furniture polish , tiny amount squirted onto a cotton wool ball and polish
out until no smearing remains

Thank you. Alcohol hazes, but methylated spirits won't?

+++++
meths leaves streaks but the polish soon deals with that. Unfortunately
there are 2 meanings for the word polish. To remove very slight scratches
and to give a lustrous finish, polish to me means the lustrous meaning not
micro-abrasive