Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 20:24:45 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:

Now try taking $25K in cash out of the CU. Most banks don't have all
that much money sitting around. That kind of withdrawal, without
notice, can really put a crimp in the rest of their week.

A customer of mine tells this story: He gives his wife a check on another
band for the household account. The bank declines to give her cash. He goes
to the bank to raise hell. They tell him the check could bounce, so they
have a "hold" policy.

He puts a $200,000 CD on the counter and says: "Cash it!"

All kinds of wiggling occurs topped by "we don't have that much cash in the
bank." His retort: "You're a branch of [name redacted], get on the ****in'
phone and order an armored car full of money. If I don't get my cash in
exactly one hour, I'm gonna call the cops and report you for theft and
conversion by bailee. Then I'm gonna call the Comptroller of the Currency
and demand your national bank charter be yanked. Then there's the state
banking commission, the rat abatement people, and anyone else I can think
of. And all that's before tomorrow morning when I contact my lawyer!"

He got his money. It took slightly more than an hour for couriers to deliver
cash from nearby branches, but he got his money.

SOunds like a tall tale to me. Banks are not required to close accounts over
set limits in the same day and there are limits on cash transactions, too. Not
to mention that if they ain't got it, you can't have it.