Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

On 9/30/2011 11:05 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Tony Miklos" wrote
I don't understand why anyone would stay with a debit card unless
their credit rating is so bad they can't get a credit card.

I'm in Italy this week and next. I can get cash at an ATM cheaper than
any other method.
Here, cash can get you nice discounts compared to a CC

Right, for getting cash in foreign countries an ATM card is often the
best option, especially if you have one from a bank that doesn't charge
huge foreign transaction fees and that absorbs any ATM fees charged by
the ATM owner. But for actual purchases, where there is no discount for
cash, why would anyone use a debit card rather than a credit card. With
the credit card you get a rebate (typically worth 1-2%) plus you have
legally mandated consumer protections that you don't get with a debit card.