Joe Wilding

Default Vacuum Clamp built into workbench?

It sounds like this would work great. You could make various sized
pieces of MDF for clamping various sized boards.

Joe in Denver
My woodworking website:
www.the-wildings.com/shop/

"Bestest Handsander" wrote in message ...
I finally got my vacuum bag system set up (mucho thanks to
joewoodworker.com). I've done some veneering, and now I'm thinking about
making a vacuum clamp.

I had the thought that I could drill a hold through my solid maple bench top
and thread an NTP male quick release onto the bottom. Then take a piece of
MDF and drill a hole though it. Put some neoprene tape along the edges on
both sides. Then whenever I want to vacuum clamp something, I'd blow out
the hole to clear any dust/debris that might have collected, attached the
vacuum pump, put the MDF over the hole, and the piece to be sanded/routed on
top of the MDF. Then turn the pump on (the pump is 3cfm continuous duty
rated).

Am I missing something? Ideally I'd have a foot switch to release the
vacuum pressure, but as far as I can tell it should work. Thoughts?