Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV wall mounting

On Oct 1, 9:41*am, Andy wrote:
On Sep 30, 5:05 am, Jim wrote:

I think that will do it. *I'll use two squares of plywood however.
* The one in the family room serving as a face plate she can cover
as desired. *Spanning the studs both front and rear should spread
the loads easily.

Andy comments:

* *Jim, it may be "overkill", but it'll make you feel better if you
do it.... Overkill isn't bad if you have the space, time, and money,
and you obviously have them..... *I was going to suggest the
method you suggested, but didn't know how your wife would
greet the "ambiance" of the plywood in *the laundry room..
* * Anyway, as long as you want to go to the extra trouble, it
looks like a good plan to me....

* * * * * * * * * * Andy in Eureka, Texas * *P.E.

PS *You might consider putting some sort of small shelf
* * on the plywood in the laundry room, and using it to
* * hang up keys, or detergent, or pictures of Elvira.....
..... some sort of practical use that makes it acceptable.....

And still we don't know if the TV is a 15" one weighing 8 lbs
or a 36" one weighing 35 lbs.