Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Wood theft

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
Thinking quickly, the craftsman hollered: "Ah ha, I've caught you,
boy-foot bear with Teaks of Chan!!"

I guess I am dense. Can someone explain the reference. I am not
getting it. Something about a bare foot boy I presume.

Ah, the curse of a liberal education. Recently a conservative penned a
novel, The Overton Window. The jacket blurb had this incantation:

"As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;

"And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings* with terror and slaughter return!"

Or you can view the trailer he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBoeHgy7svg

Without exception, a bevy of liberal bloggers and pundits screeched, hopped
up and down, and, with pointed fingers, exclaimed that this digestion was
evidence sufficient of a diseased and disgusting mind!

The blurb was not from the conservative author, but from a poem, The Gods of
the Copybook Headings, by Rudyard Kipling.

-------
* Copybook Headings. In English grammar schools, books were handed out with
pages mostly blank. These were "copybooks". Each page had at the top a pithy
saying, i.e., "A stitch in time saves nine," "A penny saved is a penny
earned," etc., written in a florid hand. It was the object of the exercise
for each student to copy the top-line quote, doing his best to match the
penmanship.