Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Fallen tree ripped service entrance off building

On Sep 30, 9:15*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:11:00 -0500, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:23:19 -0400, RBM wrote:

If you have more than one length, you should be able to turn the bent
piece at the coupling. The weather head should be able to turn as well

It's all one piece of pipe, but it does turn at the LB and the head
will come off too. *Now that I really checked it over, I know I will
have to just remove the connectors where the triplex connects to the
cable inside the pipe, and should be able to unscrew the pipe from the
LB, inspect the wires, and as long as they are ok, just slide them
into a new piece of pipe and thread it in, along with the head.

It looked a lot worse when everything was a tangled up mess, as least
now I have a plan. I suspect the wires are ok inside the pipe. The
bends are gradual, not sharp or kinked. The triplex was not damaged
where the tree was against it either. *It's nearly 100 feet from the
pole to the barn, so there was a lot of length to take up the slack.
The wooden pole also had a slight bend toward the tree, but went back
where it should be as soon as we got the tree off the wires.

Thanks

I bet that triplex will be fine. It is a special alloy that you can
tow a truck with.

http://www.southwire.com/ProductCata...Service%20Drop

depending on the triplex size..... 1000 lbs to 4000 lbs "rated
strength" (whatever that is)