Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Generators

paulaner wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:11:36 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

dpb wrote:
On 9/21/2011 3:08 PM, HeyBub wrote:

... PTOs are (I think) fairly standardized...

_Very_ much so...540 (6-spline) and 1000 (21-spline) rpm are US
standards; virtually all larger tractors now have both as standard
equipment (interchangeable spindles, not two separate drives);
smaller utility tractors of the homeowner variety will generally be
limited to 540 rpm.

Come to think on it, why don't devices with smaller engines have a
PTO?

I could imagine a PTO on a lawnmower and a raft of attachements:
* Brush cutter
* Generator
* Black water pump
* Drain snake
* ???

I was thnking the same thing. I would really like a snowblower /
generator / power washer / pump. It would get used infrequently, but
often enough to keep it in good order.

Wanna start a business? I can supply the ideas, you the capital. We'll make
millions!