Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_21_] Josepi[_21_] is offline

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

Ridiculous and moronic logic.

Why wasn't he born a hundred years earlier? He is responsible for thousands
and thousands of table saw accidents, especially children, by being born too
late. He should be in jail. (sarc)

----------------
"Mike Paulsen" wrote in message ...
Well, to quote Mr. Gass himself:

Steve says his motivation to get the SawStop out on the U.S. market is
because "I don't want to go to a trade show five years from now and have
some kid come up to me with his mangled hand and ask 'Why didn't you try
harder?"'

That was in Woodworker's Journal, Vol 27, #6, December 2003.

His product is on the market, and anyone who _wants_ to buy it and can
_afford_ to buy it can buy it. If he wants to see it more widely
adopted, he can license it at whatever price it takes to get the amount
of market penetration which will allow him to sleep at night. It's been
8 years and he's still alive, so I can only assume that he's sleeping at
night. He's obviously not overly concerned about the children at this point.