Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default condensation under the house

On 9/29/2011 4:28 PM, badgolferman wrote:
jamesgangnc, 9/29/2011,3:29:15 PM, wrote:

That's a pretty expensive dehumidifier so depending on what exactly
they do for he vapor barrier install $3k might not be outlandish. Get
some more details on how they do the vapor barrier.

It seems this option is out. I live in a flood zone and cannot seal my
vents. I will have to look at grading problems and how moisture can be
minimized. Time for someone else to look at the problem.

It sounds like you are at the point where most people would have
started. Proper grading and more vents come first. I wonder how much
that dehumidifier would have run up your electric bill?