Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default Dictabelt speed

N_Cook wrote:

Adrian Tuddenham wrote in message
valid.invalid...
Jeff Urban wrote:

Interesting dilemma you got there. I searched the web but then it
would be unreasonable to think you hadn't. I found something called a
memobelt which was supposedly the same or similar.

However in thinking about it, being a scribing machine of sorts, and
given the time frame I would think two things, well one.....

It is unlikely that the unit used a capstan.

This is a belt recording system, it was driven by being tensioned around
a pair of parallel rollers.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Patent number and then Is the original patent tech info available?

Loads of patents, but I don't suppose any of them would include the
meanufacturer's designated belt speed.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk