Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Default OT CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:52:27 +1000, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:

Let me throw this into the equation :

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/flint/i...global_wa.html

which tells the story of 650 scientists that apparently spoke out
against the case. Now I'm sure that there is some reason that it is
all lies, or should be discredited, but the same story did appear in
many other places, so I have to give it some credibility. 650 seems
like quite a big number to me.

**Do you have a reputable cite for this alleged statement? That article is
clearly biased and highly flawed in many ways. I'd like some independent
verification of the 650 scientist claim.

Here's the original report to the US Senate Environment and Public
Works Committee:
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Files.View&FileStore_id=83947 f5d-d84a-4a84-ad5d-6e2d71db52d9

Some general comments on the above:
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_ id=2158072e-802a-23ad-45f0-274616db87e6

1000 scientists as of Dec 2010:
http://www.climatedepot.com/a/9035/SPECIAL-REPORT-More-Than-1000-International-Scientists-Dissent-Over-ManMade-Global-Warming-Claims--Challenge-UN-IPCC--Gore

Revised 2010 version of the report:
http://hw.libsyn.com/p/b/f/6/bf663fd2376ffeca/2010_Senate_Minority_Report.pdf?sid=b6c4660adeeec6 6b4b7e4b116e831bbb&l_sid=27695&l_eid=&l_mid=233620 1

Incidentally, only about 20% of the IPCC scientists have anything to
do with climate in their daytime academic jobs. Should the IPCC
really be considered authoritative?
http://www.globalwarming.org/2009/02/16/christyschlesinger-debate-part-ii/

I'm not sure how to do an independent verification, since the AGW
debate has successfully polarized just about everyone involved in
climate research. I could probably conjur someone neutral from the
non-climatology scientists, but those would not be authoritative.
Surely you're not looking for research papers published by
non-climatologists?

Methinks you might find the text and links in the 2010 report to be
rather umm... interesting. 321 pages is a bit much, but I expect to
be done reading sometime tonite.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#