Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

Bill wrote in :

Bill wrote:

Reminiscent of Bill Clinton, if any one asks, "When I saw, I don't use a
TS--and if I do, I leave it unplugged!".

I sort of hate to ask, but this sort of begs the question: If it's not
plugged in, is it still a table saw?

I used to store my table saw not plugged in and rolled it out to the
driveway to do work. It is just as heavy as always, just as large, and
still looks and feels like a saw. So, yes, plugged in or not it's still a
table saw.

I cut my finger on a brand new saw blade while opening the package. Is
that a table-saw related injury (it very well could have been for
installation on the CMS)?

Puckdropper