Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 20:00:52 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:30:20 -0500, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

All those inventions and new-fangled stuff that have been legislated
down our throats - seatbelts, intermittant wipers, airbags. And forget
about houses! CO and smoke detectors, standardized stair dimensions,
GFIs and AFCIs - hell, the whole electrical panel requirement is a
government-let plot to separate people from their liberties!

There was no government mandated monopoly for any of those.

I wonder how many prospective woodworkers will abandon the hobby when
they find their first tablesaw is going to cost them $1500-$3000?

If they can get passed the cost of "proper" DC, they can probably deal
with that. Steer they away from the woodturning accessories.

I'm surprised they haven't banned ungrounded DC hose yet, either.
snort

--
Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai