Posted to alt.home.repair
gwandsh gwandsh is offline

Default Looking to valuate residential propane tank

On Sep 28, 8:10*am, George wrote:
On 9/28/2011 4:35 AM, Jerry Ohio Also wrote:

I'm in the process of doing a tank switch. My tank is a 500& *they came
to paint it because it is rusty . Near one leg the rust has made the
tank thin. We decided to go to a 350 . The tank has to be down to 5
percent before they can move it By law In Ohio. Some one mentioned about
a float BS *You can only have a pressure gauge on propane !

Jr.

Float gauges are pretty common. Maybe you are thinking of something else?

http://www.propane101.com/floatgauge.htm

Thanks to all who responded. As the OP, I had hoped that I might be
able to offer it to a neighbor who lost his home recently and has to
rebuild. Sounds like it might be more hassle and cost for him to get
it moved than I expected. And certainly I don't want to try moving it
without knowing exactly what I am doing.

I will check with the local propane company to see if they have a
price on the tank and contents. I have some reservations about doing
this, as they are the only game in town, and are reputed to be
marginally shady. I expect they will try to tell me it is worthless,
or charge me to remove the fuel and tank. In that case, I would try
to keep it as a filler for my grill tank - likely it would last for
years. If I do try to use it as a source for filling small tanks, can
I purchase the hose and valve to adapt it to this use? I had always
thought they were restricted to licensed commercial outlets? This
would be in WA state.

Tnx again