Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on thehorizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

Funny how the Unisaw price was 1200 about 10 years ago.
Now it's approaching what $3000... I would rather buy the better made
Saw Stop... My delta products have not been up to par... My bandsaw
(American Made) was a disaster. I applaud Saw Stop for a good product,
safe... And when I can, I will buy the 3hp unit... It's nice.

On 9/29/2011 7:47 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 23:42:20 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:30:20 -0500,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

All those inventions and new-fangled stuff that have been legislated
down our throats - seatbelts, intermittant wipers, airbags. And forget
about houses! CO and smoke detectors, standardized stair dimensions,
GFIs and AFCIs - hell, the whole electrical panel requirement is a
government-let plot to separate people from their liberties!

There was no government mandated monopoly for any of those.

I wonder how many prospective woodworkers will abandon the hobby when
they find their first tablesaw is going to cost them $1500-$3000?

I wonder if they would[*] keep the price at $1500-$3000? My fairly recent
Unisaur would appreciate, though.

[*] I don't think this is going to happen, but wouldn't bet on any line with
the crew now in the WH