Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:40:49 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

The reason I wouldn't is *exactly* this discussion. Nice hardware,
crap company.

I disagree. they are a for profit company. It's to their advantage
to leverage everything they can to command market share. Most of the
discussions here are far too altruistic - as if Saw Stop should be
doing something more "nobel". Hell - they're about making money.
God bless them for going for it in what ever way they can do it.
Don't understand why anyone would call them a crap company.

Wrong! I don't do business with unethical companies. Period.

I guess it's all in what one considers unethical.

Inventing a widget, getting the government to require said widget, and
refusing to sell said widget freely, is unethical to most normal minds. Yes,
Gass makes the Snidely Whiplash list. Nope, not going to happen.