Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Q: Tell Me About Nail Guns

On 9/29/2011 12:26 AM, Art Shapiro wrote:
On 9/28/2011 8:24 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

Harbor Freight's Central Pneumatic guns are reputed to be a good deal.
Parts support might be a problem. You might even have a HF store locally.

I'm taking a day off tomorrow, and will probably drive up to HF about
15v miles from here. But there's a almost-unused Porter-Cable CFFN250N
kit (compressor + brad nailer + finish nailer) on the local Craigslist
for $125. (It's $300 on Amazon.) Tempting!

As others have said, the good ones are very good and the cheap ones are
what you pay for. That said, I bought an el-cheapo set of 3 (brad,
staple, finish) from Menard's and they have performed well for me. I've
mostly used the finishing nailer to build many utility shelf units in a
new house. I think I paid about $80 for the 3, no compressor, which I
already had, anyway. I don't know if you have Menard's in your neck of
the woods but I did find one in their latest on-line flyer for $99 with
a small compressor and 3 nailers. BUT, I think I'd probably check out
Porter Cable on Craiglist as long as it doesn't cost and arm and leg to
ship it.