Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on thehorizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

On 9/29/11 11:43 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:41:44 -0500, wrote:

On 9/29/11 11:34 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:50:30 -0400,
wrote:

On 9/29/2011 9:28 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 23:17:45 -0500, Mike wrote:

advance notice of proposed rulemaking for performance requirements to
address table saw blade contact injuries.

September 14, 2011

http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/FOIA/FOI...f/tablesaw.pdf

"A. Background
On April 15, 2003, Stephen Gass, David Fanning, and James Fulmer, et al.
(“petitioners”) requested that we require performance standards for a system
to reduce or prevent injuries from contact with the blade of a table saw."

I wonder how much Stephed Gass (SawStop's inventor, BTW) has contributed to
Obama's re-election campaign.

Probably as much as all of the other "inventors" who have coerced the
government into making their devices safety requirements.

For instance?

Al Gore.

"Safety requirement(s)"? ...but your point is taken.

Yes, all that silly "cap & trade (tax)" and other government "emissions"
mandates are for our collective "safety."

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--