Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 23:17:45 -0500, Mike Paulsen wrote:

advance notice of proposed rulemaking for performance requirements to
address table saw blade contact injuries.

September 14, 2011

http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/FOIA/FOI...f/tablesaw.pdf

"A. Background
On April 15, 2003, Stephen Gass, David Fanning, and James Fulmer, et al.
(“petitioners”) requested that we require performance standards for a system
to reduce or prevent injuries from contact with the blade of a table saw."

I wonder how much Stephed Gass (SawStop's inventor, BTW) has contributed to
Obama's re-election campaign.