Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Small hole in glass window - what's available for fix?

Ron wrote:

What does that vacuum process have to do with whether or not the
glass is laminated?

Because you can't pull a vacuum on a single pane of glass.

Why can't I create a vacuum on one side of the glass (with the right
combination of suction cup and syringe) while applying the resin from
the other side?

There would be no lamination layer in the middle to act as a barrier.

How thick or viscous is this resin? I take it that it's not like that
acrylic plastic resin that just runs all over the place into all the
cracks without much effort. ?

And besides, how often do you actually fill a hole in a car windshield,
vs just a crack pattern?

In my case, I've got a hole that's about 3/16" diam. in the middle of a
crater that's about 1/2" diam, with maybe 2 short cracks about an inch
long running from the hole into the glass in 2 different directions.

Can this automotive resin form a patch to fill in the hole and crater?