Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Protecting garage floor from salt dripping off car and follow up for earlier question..

"Bob F" wrote in message
benick wrote:
Not interested in nor can I afford the garage floor coatings that's
all the rage...Just trying to come up with something simple to put
under the car this winter to protect the concrete from salt...The
concrete is crumbling a bit where the tires sit...The garage is about
5 years old if that matters...Poly would be to slick..A chunk of
Astr-Turf or similar ?? Thanks for any help...Sorry for bringing up
winter so early but it comes quick here in Maine...LOL..

As a side note I asked months ago about replacing an ancient 1960's
burner in an American Standard boiler..Believe it or not it was STILL
running but I couldn't get parts for it anymore...The old one sat on
a lip and I asked about drilling holes and mounting a new Beckett
Burner...Well , did that the other day..Took the front panel off and
marked and drilled holes and J B Welded some bolts on the inside
threads poking out ..Used the JB Weld to keep the bolts in
place...Gave it a GOOD cleaning and put the front panel back
on...Slid the new burner with gasket on , put the nuts on and
tighened them , connected it up , hit the switch and presto , runs
like a charm....Thanks for the advice....What a GREAT feeling to do
something yourself...Not to mention the $$$$$ saved...

I use huge cardboard boxes layed out flat on the floor, which absorb most
of the water brought in with the car. You could put plastic under the
cardboard to reduce water getting to the concrete. Boxes for
refridgerators, sofas, etc. are what to look for.

Not a bad idea...I can get LOTS of cardboard at work to keep changing
it...Thanks...