Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Protecting garage floor from salt dripping off car and follow up for earlier question..

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
benick wrote:
Not interested in nor can I afford the garage floor coatings that's
all the rage...Just trying to come up with something simple to put
under the car this winter to protect the concrete from salt...The
concrete is crumbling a bit where the tires sit...The garage is about
5 years old if that matters...Poly would be to slick..A chunk of
Astr-Turf or similar ?? Thanks for any help...Sorry for bringing up
winter so early but it comes quick here in Maine...LOL..

Whatever you put down, you have to guard against it leaking which is why
carpeting probably will not work.

How about hosing down the tires before you pull into the garage?

Oh, and you should wash down the existing floor at your earliest
convenience.

Yea I washed it last spring...I wasn't thinking carpet per say..I was
thinking that plastic Astro Turf stuff you see on pool decks and such...