Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Small hole in glass window - what's available for fix?

Ron wrote:

(PermaTec windshield repair kit)

It will ONLY work on laminated glass.

I know that's what it says, but cracked laminated glass is still
broken glass all the same.

Fine....go ahead and buy it. I was only in the glass business for
close to 25 yrs (the majority of it in auto glass), but you know
more about it than I do.

Did you ever try to patch or fill-in a crater-hole in thin plate glass
with this automotive resin stuff?

Or did you never have the opportunity or need to do so?

If you have first-hand experience with the failure of this automotive
repair resin on ordinary non-laminated plate glass, then I will pay
attention and carefully read your account of any such attempted use.