Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radial saws

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:07:27 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/28/2011 3:48 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:09:31 -0700, "Bob wrote:

dpb wrote:

Which is the opportunity I overlooked in earlier response to remind
the OP to install a sacrifical cutting layer over the actual finish
tabletop.

Yes. Mine is 1/4" plywood over 3/4" particle board.

I prefer particle board (or even hardboard) over particle board. Plywood, at
least today's plywood, isn't very uniform.

Tend to agree w/ the hardboard for a different reason (I've never had
the minute differences in thickness that average out over a workpiece
matter)--the hardboard surface is slicker that is nice, particularly
ripping.

I was thinking more about voids in the plywood. OTOH, I've had some plywood
lately that has some pretty serious bumps where the plys start/end. Hardboard
is great stuff. It doesn't seem to be as available as it once was. Perhaps
it's part of the HomeDepoting of America.