Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Small hole in glass window - what's available for fix?

On Sep 28, 5:53*pm, aemeijers wrote:
On 9/28/2011 5:41 PM, Home Guy wrote:

Ron wrote:

Ok, I think this will do it:

(PermaTec windshield repair kit)

It will ONLY work on laminated glass.

I know that's what it says, but cracked laminated glass is still broken
glass all the same. *This stuff has to "stick" to glass and fill any
cracks in the glass - regardless if there's a layer of plastic in the
glass or not.

Lotsa luck in getting the resin in the cracks without pulling a vacuum
on the broken area. Google for a picture of how windshield star repairs
are done, maybe it will make sense to you. *Go ahead and try- you can't
make it any worse.

--
aem sends...

And, it's not always as simple as some of those videos make it out to
be. When I was in the glass business I had a professional windshield
repair kit/machine, and it was still a PITA to get the resin to flown
into the cracks sometimes. There is a flexing technique that sometimes
has to be used. Sometimes you have to heat the inside of the
windshield with a small torch. Not just any "Joe Blow" can
successfully repair a stone chip. Especially with those kits from an
auto parts store.